An English Argaï Wiki about the Original Series, Provided by DARkTYranno.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Reply to topicShare | 

Argaï Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DARkTYranno

PostSubject: Argaï Project   Tue 20 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm

Argaï Project
Recreation: Argaï - The Prophecy (2000) [French Cartoon Series (x26)]

Topic Contains:
> Short History of the Project;
> Creation of the Series;
> Production List;
> Project Links;
> Found Languages.

Let's go!

"Short History of the Project"
This is one of the biggest projects I've had in my life (up till now). I've seen this series on tv when I was a kid, back in 2001.
9 years later the story and characters were still partly in my head, but I couldn't find it anymore and wanted to see it again.
This project started almost immediately at the time I finally found the name of the series (Argaï) again after 10 years!
This was in September 2010. Sadly there was nothing available online, so just like many other [Dutch] people I started hunting.
On a general site about the series many people gathered with the hope to find it. After a few people appeared with Dutch videotape-recordings,
I was the one that made a package and shared them with anyone who wanted it. Later I got my hands on DVD's to make rips
and I edited the audio from the videotape-recordings so I could make the episodes complete again, as long as I had the materials.
Somehow I became the Leader/Founder of this Argaï Project.
I was the one who repaired and shared the episodes online. In the beginning this was Dutch only,
but as I got more requests from other languages, I also started to focus on any other language there was.
I worked and still work all alone on this project! Every episode I produce is possible by generous people who provide me
with TV recordings or DVD's. I've started to create own subtitles and some other people help me out with different languages.
In the meantime I've been busy with more custom material to add to this huge project.
As I do a lot with ICT in free time, I made myself quite some extra hobbies (SubProjects)!

"Creation of the Series"
This part is about the things that had to be done to create the episodes you can download from my Argaï DownloadForum.

The global steps I had to do in most cases to fix episodes:
1) Get Movie Source
2) Get Audio Source
3) Create Final Audio
4) Create Final Episode

1) Get Movie Source:
This took many time, as I only got tv-recordings. After a while we discovered that the Swedish version of the series
was released on DVD. I used the software Handbrake to make rips of each episode (in .M4V format).
I use these Swedish rips as movie material for other languages.

2) Get Audio Source:
Receiving Tv recordings or audio rips of tv recordings, I managed to gather complete episode audio by mixing different
versions if necessary. Sometimes I could use DVD audio, but not many DVD's were released, so have to work with tv recordings people made.

3) Create Final Audio:
Using the incomplete Tv-Recordings I could mix some parts of different versions. To edit the audio, I've used Audio Edit Magic.
I always work with MP3. If the audio is another format, I convert it using Total Video Converter (yes it also converts audio).
I use it mainly to cut damages, copy/paste audio & delete sections. Adding the original HQ audio of Intro and the DVD version audio
of credits, I could finish the audio to the complete 25:00 minutes.

4) Create Final Episode:
When I have the DVD material and the complete audio material, all I have to do is mux them together in a new episode.
I've used the software 'Yamb' to do this. It's able to extract audio from movie files and it can mix many audio files in a new movie.
I delete the Swedish audio from the original rip and add the new created audio language to the project. I can export it and test
the sync. I re-edit the audio and keep muxing till the sync is okay!

Production List:

Default Argaï Project Work
- Rip DVD's for movie material;
- Edit audio to complete undamaged episode audio (if possible);
- Mux the audio with the DVDRIP;
Extra Tasks I came up with
Files:
- Upload and manage all the created files;
- Create a Forum (Thread) to share the links and info and update when necessary;
Software:
- Create Portable NFO Viewer Application (26 Designs);
- Create MediaPlayer (This is cancelled...);
- Create LinkChecker for online storage availability checks;
- Create 'Database' App which contains all my created/translated summaries for all episodes + it can generate my YouTube Movies Descriptions!
- Create a SubTilteConverter which should be able to export subtitles to other dubs, make the sync fit and add/delete lines where necessary.
- Create a SubFormatChecker which should be able to verify the Format of a translated Format Subtitle.
- Create a BDS CommandGenerator to write BackDoorScripts for the SubTitleConverter, with Build-In Command generator & Script Validator.
- Create images for NFO Viewer Designs, using Paint and Paint.Net;
- Create a new FanLogo containing several Characters;
Text:
- Create NFOs to put with releases (Subtitles) - For this I've used NFO Builder 2000 and NotePad;
- Create Subtitles for the episodes - For this I've used SubTitle Edit 3.0 Portable and NotePad;
- Create LinkList with all my up-to-date Links for online or own LinkChecker.
Music:
- Create a remake of the original end credits music theme, using FL Studio 9 XXL Producer Edition;
Movies:
- Create a Trailer, as there wasn't any official trailer made! - For this I'm using Sony Vegas 12 Pro.

Project Links:
Current/Pending Tasks: TaskList
Argaï Downloadforum: Argaï Download Forum
Episodes/Subtitles Status (+ Download Subs): Argaï Episodes & Subtitles
YouTube: DARkTYranno - Dutch Argaï Project [since 2010]
Argaï Wiki (This Website's HomePage): argaitheprophecy.realtvboard.com

Found Languages:
At the moment there are 11 known languages found (See the 'Episodes/Subtitles Status' Overview).

English is not found yet (but should exist, the Vietnamese and Bulgarian Voice-Overs prove that)
and many people commented they've seen the English version.
German has a {trailer} on Youtube, though no other proof apart from that.
One person contacted me about Polish version, though never gave me any material and the contact is broken (no proof).
I've seen Finnish fly by, but again: Never any proof.

Last edited by ArgaïWikiAdmin on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update download-link)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Argaï Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Argaï - The Prophecy (2000) :: Extra :: Argaï Project-
Reply to topicJump to: